home about projects services contact

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

White Pumpkins & Pinecones…


Since first posting about my Fall Mantel here…I decided to change it up after finally finding some white mini pumpkins at the market.

 
image
 
 
 
image
 
 
I love the look of mixing White Pumpkins & Pinecones…
 
 
image
 
 
I found the above stems called Broomcorn at my local Trader Joe’s. Even though I now have one kid away in college, and one gone all day in high school, I seem to always have my other “helper” close at hand…


image
Curious?
 
 
image
 
 
If you can’t find larger white pumpkins in your area…you can simply paint an orange one with white chalk paint like I did…
 
 
image
 
 
 
image
 
 
 
image



image


Since I had a few mini white pumpkins and pinecones left over…I added them to a vase and placed them in the guest bath.


image
 
 
Add a few twigs from the yard and a birch wrapped candle and you’re done!
 
 
image
 
 
How are you decorating your fall mantel this year? Check out the Autumn Link Party over at Centsational Girl for tons of ideas and inspiration!
 
 
Fall_Link_Party_Kate_zps890752a9[1]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. It looks so elegant! I love how you used white pumpkins. I didn't even know they existed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, elegant and perfectly fall - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and beautiful. I love the combo of gold and white. Everything looks so cozy. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my

    so much Autumn loveliness
    in your gorgeous home

    so glad you shared
    at Fridays Unfolded!

    now following you via GFC
    and FB!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! You've inspired me to "shop the house" and do something similar... oh, and I adore the white pumpkins! I have some I need to paint... Thank you for all the wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simplicity of your mantel and what a great idea to paint a pumpkin! White pumpkins, here I come!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell me how tall those lanterns are on your hearth? I am looking for some for mine and its hard to tell what would be a good height and yours look great!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10